Sunday, September 18, 2011


The good news is, you have a choice.

It is estimated that about 95% of the people in the United States do not understand which foods are healthy, and which are not. Many will contract a diet related disease such as cancer, heart disease, diabetes II, obesity- there are many more. I'm here to tell you that you do have a choice. You can prevent or heal many diseases with a diet of nutritional excellence. I absolutely love the food I eat now. I do not feel deprived. Why would I feel deprived of food and drink that promotes disease?

http://greg-foodforthought.blogspot.com/2011/02/watermelon.html

Since I've turned to a healthy diet of plants- vegetables, fruits, beans/legumes, seeds, nuts, and whole grains, my senses of taste and smell have heightened.
I avoid processed sugar/concentrated sweeteners, salt, and oil whenever I can. My tastes buds are so sensitive and healthy now. The only way to experience what I am talking about is to try this lifestyle.

The first thing you must do is educate yourself, that is key. See the book recommendations in the Welcome entry: http://peopleforplants.blogspot.com/2011/09/welcome-to-people-for-plants_28.html
You must have an open mind to unconventional wisdom, because if you don't, you'll more than likely join the conventional who will contract a diet related disease. Pain and pills may be in your future. And by the way, pills never heal disease. It's like putting a band-aid on a cut that never heals, not to mention the side effects and expense.

And remember, you do have a choice. I hope when you're older, you don't regret what you chose to eat and drink.

--------------------------------------------------

*A reader's response to this entry: "Yes, we DO have a choice, thank goodness! What amazed me initially and still amazes me is how EASY this choice has been. People on the other path are always asking (with sympathy or derision) "Isn't it HARD to eat that way?" But the truth is, it was never all that difficult to choose plant-and-starch-based eating, and it gets easier with each passing day. This way of eating gets inside your head. Foods that I craved before have become unappealing. I expected the physical changes of better health. I did not expect the emotional changes of peacefulness and joy."